I am proficient in three languages (Spanish, English and French) thanks to having travelled and lived abroad for most of my childhood. My training by the translation agency Parámetro S.L. provided me with a solid experience as a professional technical translator and project manager, particularly for companies in the telecommunications and motor vehicle industries. I then evolved naturally towards the freelance translation world.
Since September 2010, I have implemented the translation software Trados Studio 2009 which allows me to provide better prices, greater compatibility with formats other than Microsoft Office and shorter delivery times.
C.V.EMPLOYMENT / MAIN CUSTOMERS
- Freelance technical translator and subtitle translator
Subtitles, telecommunications, mechanics, IT, localisations, pharmacy, games, marketing, sales, political science...
- Participation in the translation of the BICSI Panel 900 Telecommunications Dictionary (Mexico).
- Softitler: television, documentary and feature subtitles.
Features: Casino, It Started in Naples, Días de fútbol, Dylan, No Direction Home, Tommy Boy, Wild Bunch, Sam Peckinpah's West. Director's commentary on Broken Saints. Gunfight at OK Corral. Director's commentary and extras for Merry Christmas. Les Demons, Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Extras for Swingers. Standard Operating Procedure, French Connection, Day The Earth Stood Still. Director's commentary on American Psycho. Director's commentary on Rescue Dawn. House Bunny. Director's commentary on Max Payne. Paul Blart Mall Cop. Extras for Star Trek III and IV, deleted scenes for Revolutionary Road, extras for Night at the Museum 2, extras for Fight Club, director's commentary and extras for Moon, commentary for Funny People. 9. Director's commentary on Smokin' Aces 2, extras for Toy Story 1 and 2, extras for Apollo 13, deleted scenes for Mercy Streets, deleted scenes and commentary on An Education, extras for Defendor, director's commentary on It's Complicated, extras for The Lovely Bones, extras for Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Invention of Lying.
Television: episodes from The Flintstones, Dead Like Me, The L Word, Nip/Tuck , Dead Zone, South Park, One Tree Hill, V, Scrubs, Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, Bewitched, Brothers and Sisters, Stargate Continuum, Burn Up, Everest, Iron Road, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Children of the Gods, Bones, Damages. Extras for Merlin, several NBA-related DVDs.
- Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED), Department of Applied Economics and Economic History.
Here you will find a certificate listing some of the translations carried out for this University
Here you will find a preview of the article "The geography of the digital divide: Broadband deployment in the Community of Madrid". (Translated from Spanish to English)
- Greenlight Consulting, Omegatranslator, Soget, EasyNet, Cross World, Cantábrico traducciones, HP, Nortel Networks, Nero...
Madrid 1998 - Present date.
- Technical translator and Project Manager Specialised in Spanish to English telecommunications and mechanics translations. Parámetro Documática (Translation agency working for Nortel Networks, Rover, Continental Airlines...)
Madrid 1998 - 2001
- Business English teacher
- Political Science and Sociology Graduate
(International Relations specialist)
Within the top 10% of my promotion
Universidad Complutense of Madrid
- Foreign Trade Master, Chamber of Commerce of Madrid, 1997
- Foreign Trade Master, CESMA (Centro Superior de Marketing de Madrid), 1997
- Secondary school
Cours Molière, Saint Exupéry and Instituto Ortega y Gasset
- Trados Studio 2009 and Wordfast Classic - Synergy, Trados Studio 2007, SDL Edit...
- Advanced Windows user (95, 98, NT, XP, Vista),
- Office 2000 (Brainbench "Word Power User" Certification),
- Photoshop, Adobe acrobat, Dreamweaver, QuarkXpress…
- Basic HTML knowledge (design and execution of http://faustonavarro.com)
- PC and network assembly and installation.
- Linux (ubuntu); StarOffice.
- Spanish: Native
- English: bilingual (native)
- French: bilingual